Vintage Girl Scout's Blog

Well, here it is ... a blog that shares the things about Girl Scouting that interest me. This blog will also list the updates to the Vintage Girl Scout Online Museum at www.vintagegirlscout.com

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Evolution of the Girl Scout Membership Pin

New page shows the detailed work of Cal Holden and Annelies Squeri on identifying and catagorizing the Girl Scout Membership Pin, both the traditional design and the contemporary design. This excellent work also has some great images of the pins. I am very honored to have the permission to share this work on my website!

http://www.vintagegirlscout.com/pinmemberdetail.htm

3 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Just wanted to tell you your website and this blog are wonderful - I have added you to my Bloglines. Your site helped me identify a merit badge that was mixed in with my husband's Boy Scout merit badges that I was pretty certain was a Girl Scout proficiency badge - sure enough, it was Homemaker (1953-80) and probably belonged to one of his two younger sisters.

Do you know if there is a website similar to yours that would help me identify Boy Scout merit badges, council patches, etc. from the late 50s, particularly Florida (Pensacola) and Guam? You guessed it, my husband was a Navy (contractor) brat! Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This is wonderful information! I am just beginning to organize my own Girl Scout pins gathered over the last 30 years, so I really appreciate this. Do we have access to any of the photos of the GS membership pins after type 2D?

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger VGS said...

This site http://www.boyscoutstuff.com/
may be able to help. He has some wonderful things there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home