Vintage Girl Scout's Blog

Well, here it is ... a blog that shares the things about Girl Scouting that interest me. This blog will also list the updates to the Vintage Girl Scout Online Museum at www.vintagegirlscout.com

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Confessions of a Genealoholic

Well, as I mentioned in my last blog, I was working on my family history. I thought I could stop! But I was so curious as to what I might find, I ended up spending all my time lately hunting down my family history.

This meant that the Vintage Girl Scout Online Museum and it's email haven't been checked lately.

But that didn't stop you wonderful visitors from sending in some great stuff. Michelle L. sent in a troop's crest image of an Iris on khaki fabric (troop crest page) and bugle stars! (girl member pins page). Linda M. mailed me a CD of her Girls' Auxiliary collection (Kid's Collectible section - Girls' Auxiliary), and also sent images of Furture Homemakers of America charm (Kid's Collectibles FHA) and the newest Girl Scout Gold and Silver Awards rings (Rings page). Betty D. sent an image of a Camp Fire Girls Bluebird locket (Kid's Collectibles - Camp Fire Girls Jewelry). Alana R. sent in some sad news about the Canadian Girl Guide Rose.

Annelies S. mailed me some great updates on the Girl Scout Membership pins through the years. I'm having trouble with my scanner - but I hope to get them online real soon.

I updated the Camp Fire Girls earned patches page a bit - it still needs work.

I leave for camp next week! Once again, I'll be working as the camp nurse at our local Girl Scout camp for the summer. We still don't have internet connection at camp.

Enjoy your summer - Nancy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home